The DataHub Slack is a thriving and rapidly growing community - we can't wait for you to join us!
In addition to our Code of Conduct, we expect all Slack Community Members to respect the following guidelines:
Avoid using DMs and @mentions
Whenever possible, post your questions and responses in public channels so other Community Members can benefit from the conversation and outcomes. Limit the use of @mentions of other Community Members to be considerate of notification noise.
Make use of threads
Threads help us keep conversations contained and help us ensure we help you find a resolution and get you the support you need.
Use threads when posting long messages and large blocks of code and/or stack trace - it is a MASSIVE help for us to keep track of the large volume of questions across our various support channels.
Do not post the same question across multiple channels
If you're having a tough time getting the support you need (or aren't sure where to go!), please DM @Maggie for support
Do not solicit members of our Slack
The DataHub Community exists to collaborate with, learn from, and support one another. It is not a space to pitch your products or services directly to our members via public channels, private channels, or direct messages.
We are excited to have a growing presence from vendors to help answer questions from Community Members as they may arise, but we have a strict 3-strike policy against solicitation:
- First occurrence: We'll give you a friendly but public reminder that the behavior is inappropriate according to our guidelines.
- Second occurrence: We'll send you a DM warning that any additional violations will result in removal from the community.
- Third occurrence: We'll delete or ban your account.
We reserve the right to ban users without notice if they are clearly spamming our Community Members.
Navigating DataHub Slack
Lets get you settled in --
- Head over to #introduce-yourself to, well, introduce yourself! We'd love to learn more about you, what brings you here, and how we can support you
- Not sure how to start? You guessed it, check out #getting-started - we'll point you in the right direction
- Looking for general debugging help? #troubleshoot is the place to go
- Need some live support from the Core DataHub Team? Join us during our 2xWeek Office Hours via Zoom! Check out #office-hours for more details
- Looking for ways to contribute to the DataHub project? Tell us all about it in #contribute
- Have suggestions on how to make DataHub better? We can't wait to hear them in #feature-requests
- Excited to share your experience working with DataHub? #show-and-tell is the perfect channel for you
- Need something else? Reach out to @Maggie - our Community Product Manager