📣 Next DataHub town hall meeting on Sep 24th, 9am-10am PDT (convert to your local time)
✨ Latest Update:
DataHub is an open-source metadata platform for the modern data stack. Read about the architectures of different metadata systems and why DataHub excels here. Also read our LinkedIn Engineering blog post, check out our Strata presentation and watch our Crunch Conference Talk. You should also visit DataHub Architecture to get a better understanding of how DataHub is implemented and DataHub Onboarding Guide to understand how to extend DataHub for your own use cases.
Please follow the DataHub Quickstart Guide to get a copy of DataHub up & running locally using Docker. As the guide assumes some basic knowledge of Docker, we'd recommend you to go through the "Hello World" example of A Docker Tutorial for Beginners if Docker is completely foreign to you.
There's a hosted demo environment where you can play around with DataHub before installing.
- linkedin/datahub: This repository contains the complete source code for both DataHub's frontend & backend services.
- linkedin/datahub-gma: This repository contains the source code for DataHub's metadata infrastructure libraries (Generalized Metadata Architecture, or GMA).
We have documentation available at https://datahubproject.io/docs/.
Here are the companies that have officially adopted DataHub. Please feel free to add yours to the list if we missed it.
- Expedia Group
- Saxo Bank
- Shanghai HuaRui Bank
- DataHub: A Generalized Metadata Search & Discovery Tool
- DataHub: Popular Metadata Architectures Explained
- Open sourcing DataHub: LinkedIn’s metadata search and discovery platform
- Driving DataOps Culture with LinkedIn DataHub @ DataOps Unleashed 2021
- DataHub: Powering LinkedIn's Metadata @ Budapest Data Forum 2020
- Taming the Data Beast Using DataHub @ Data Engineering Melbourne Meetup November 2020
- Metadata Management And Integration At LinkedIn With DataHub @ Data Engineering Podcast
- The evolution of metadata: LinkedIn’s story @ Strata Data Conference 2019
- Journey of metadata at LinkedIn @ Crunch Data Conference 2019
- DataHub Journey with Expedia Group
- Saxo Bank's Data Workbench
- Data Discoverability at SpotHero
- Data Catalogue — Knowing your data
- LinkedIn DataHub Application Architecture Quick Understanding
- A Dive Into Metadata Hubs
- 25 Hot New Data Tools and What They DON’T Do
- Emerging Architectures for Modern Data Infrastructure
See the full list here.